Thursday, March 19, 2015

HEARTBEAT ONCE AGAIN. TAHITI 80 LIVE IN JAKARTA 5th Music Gallery




Bonjour! Don't you know it's so hard not to post this gig story of my kinda reunion watching TAHITI 80 live on stage after 4 years ago in Bandung, Indonesia. I'm bringing some fun and good vibes here after reporting live from 5th Music Gallery, Skeeno Hall Gandaria City Jakarta on behalf of CREATIVEDISC.COM.  That day, on Saturday morning was such a chaos for me. I needed to catch my flight at noon after doing my morning duty and scared of losing my flight schedule, thankfully i still got my luck left on me. I arrived at my city airport, 30 mins before its departure by the highspeed cab. Having my anxiety for one hour and fifteen mins flight above the sky, waiting for my time to watch the band. 

Jakarta, 6 pm i rode a bus to the event and prayed that the show hadn't over yet. Phew!!  Finally at the venue by 8 pm and the crowd was like MAD, SUPERMAD. Held at a such not quite enough venue to load those thousands of indiekids around, i saw hundreds were still there waiting on their line, queing to get a permission to enter the door. Heard the news that the venue been overload already, so they must wait til the some audiences flew and replaced by the those on the front door. Meanwhile i'm holding my 'magic card" of PRESS ID entry tix on behalf of creativedisc.com, so i can enter the front pit easily and watch the show. 

Before the main show of my all time fave French downtempo indiepop band, TAHITI80 hit the stage, there were some of local indie acts performed there. My personal choices went to these two bands: TREES and WILD and SORE. SORE brought the chamber rock-jazz-psychedelic-indie rock vibes there on the act of worshiping the act ADE PALOH scratching his guitar like crazy. MAJOR LOVE FOR SORE









(SORE , LIVE AT 5TH MUSIC GALLERY)








( TREES AND WILD LIVE AT 5TH MUSIC GALLERY)


and...... waiting for the stage preps up to 40 mins.... tick tock.. anxiety getting worse.. heartbeat comes faster...


 ( Stage Crew and Xavier Boyer Tahiti 80 Were Preparing for the Stage)

and please welcome!!!!

TAHITI 80 on stage!!!! * AAAAKKKKKKKKK 




I have been loving them since 2007 and til now and later and forever. This comeback was just like a major dream came true for me. The band say hello and started to play the first song " LOVE FROM OUTER SPACE", wait.. i was still trying to get my feet on the ground. Not ready for this realtime moment, Xavier was standing right there in front of my eyes, just a meter away from me . I was so freakingly happy,i could die. Like yes DIEEE!  (sorry for this overexcited feeling) :D

Next on their lists were ALL MY FAVE HITS of TAHITI 80,taken from the old albums like PUZZLE, FOSBURY, THE PAST THE PRESENT AND THE POSSIBLE,  WALLPAPER FOR THE SOUL and their latest album BALLROOM.

As i screamed request for their songs like GATE 33, 1000 times, Easy, Big Day, and also their latest hits Crush and Coldest Summer ... what became the surprise? THEY ARE ALL THERE ON THE SETLIST!! 

Boyer learnt some easy words to speak in front of the fans in Bahasa Indonesia " HALLO, JAKARTA, Terima Kasih . Senang Saya" yet he's trying to say " I'm so happy being  here in Jakarta" . They succeed to make us sweat and dance on our feet with the hits, the tamborine man made me can't stop my body to move and singing their songs.

Performing for 45 mins, wasn't enough for me .. yeah i want them forever singing in front of me. But that would be unfair for them and all. LOL. So, here we are comes to the end of the show. Yep, i'm talking about the encore of "HEARTBEAT" where most of the fans waiting for that night.

Can you feel my heartbeat when I'm close to you? whoooooo!!!
After the show, i kindly asking Boyer to give me his handwritten setlist, A MASSIVE GOAL! The setlist on my hand now. Merci, Monsieur !










( TAHITI 80 SETLIST)




(short video of Tahiti 80 - HEARTBEAT on my youtube page )



Thank you for such a great show! Don't forget to read my review in Bahasa Version on creativedisc.com .


SEE YOU ON OUR NEXT SUPERB CHALLENGING GIG, GIG GOERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment